Monday, March 4, 2013

On Love and Truth

Before I commence whinging, let it be said that I love it here enough to have begun to use words like "commence" instead of "begin" or start" and "whinge" instead of "bitch", "moan", "whine" or "complain."

If I catch my boys snogging their girlfriends on my living room sofa I am going to be more upset that I call it snogging than the actual act itself. 

When.  Who am I kidding?  When.

At least Andrew will be able to pardon himself in at least three Asian languages so far.

Just saying.  In Mandarin, Filippino and Japanese.

I don't get a lot of things here.  I have a lot to learn.

But I am open to it.

There are two important things I have realised already.  (Besides the fact that I can substitute an 's' for a 'z' and have the same word!)

One is that love is more important than truth.

Two is that knowing the truth doesn't always mean you have to share it.

This is going to make me a lot easier to get along with.

In any language!


No comments:

Post a Comment