Thursday, September 9, 2010

SPEECHLESS! Well almost....


I bit my tongue yesterday but it has to be said.

Burn A Koran Day? BURN A KORAN DAY?! REALLY? From an AMERICAN CHRISTIAN pastor?

Doesn't say much for American public schools if he missed this most basic of concepts. Something about a country founded on religious freedom? You know, the Pilgrims, Thanksgiving and all that. The whole basis of separation of Church and State. With liberty and justice for ALL? ( I know, I know, we've ignored that tenet from day one, but still...)

Never mind tolerance and generosity and loving your neighbor as yourself and all that good stuff.

This guy is LEADING a church?!

That frightens me as much as terrorist-funded ashrams in the Afghan mountains.

Someone please let him know he's misread the Bible.

2 comments:

  1. And just think if the media would not have even mentioned it I would have never even known about it, let alone the people in a Hut on the other side of the world. Don't we love our freedom....of press????!!! and religion??!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do. I do. I know it seems like a petty thing, but after almost seven years in a heavily state-controlled country, I do value the liberty. (HOMESCHOOLING IS ILLEGAL HERE PERIOD. THEY TAKE YOUR CHILDREN AWAY.) The USA isn't perfect, but we aren't the devil either!

    ReplyDelete