Sunday, September 9, 2012

WHO is a social misfit?!!!

Really?!

The most common argument I hear against homeschooling Ryan (which I am doing starting in October) is that it will hurt her socially to be away from all the social aspects of highschool.

What highschool did you people go to?!

Simon and Garfunkel sum it up nicely.

"When I think back on all the crap I learned in highschool, it's a wonder I can think at all."

I've spent the last 25 years of my life unlearning what I learned in highschool.

Justin Timberlake got teased in school. For his looks. (!!!!) Lady Gaga got bullied in school. She was told she would never be good enough, that she had to lower her expectations, that she wasn't as great as she thought she was, just a backup singer at best. And this was by her teachers!

Speak to any great artist, any controversial thinker, think of Bill Gates now changing the world.

Then tell me those little shits they call the leaders of the school are really people my daughter needs to put up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment