Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I'm going to need a little help on the spiritual upbringing here.

Because the kids know Jesus.  He's the son of God, the guy who had the good fortune to be born on Christmas and the bad fortune to get on the wrong side of the Romans.

 "Were the Romans the bad guys, Mom?"

 "Mom, I really hate the Romans."

Jesus is also the guy in our kitchen cupboard, but that's another story and another blog I should probably wait until after Christmas to post.

"So who is God, Mom?"

Good Lord!  (Pun intended.)  I was much better equipped to handle.  "Mom, what's a virgin?"

"Well the Christians believe...." just doesn't bring it home.  Neither does "well, I believe in balance and in a great universal consciousness struggling towards equilibrium."

Huh?!

So that the discussion turns to whether God would have access to a wand for his creation of the universe.  Or at least a magic sword.

And whether he would beat Hercules.  (Conclusion: probably, since Hercules is only half a god.)

But if God killed Hercules, would Zeus then be able to kill God in revenge?

Depends on who had access to a light saber, we've decided.

"Love one another as I have loved you."  Jesus.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."  Also Jesus.

"With great power comes great responsibility."  Peter Parker's uncle.

Would Spiderman be able to beat Harry Potter?  Who would win, Darth Vader or Voldemort?

I'm going to need a little help here, guys.  But at least I have 'em thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment