Friday, December 25, 2015

An Australian Christmas: Part Two

Christmas Tree 2015

Happy faces at Christmas


Engine's getting hot,
We dodge the kangaroos,
(No, there aren't kangaroos ALL over the place in the Australian suburbs.  And no, we aren't all that good at dodging them sometimes either.)

Ian gets some present- unwrapping support from Ryan.
Ryan's gift and Daddy's hat!


The swaggie climbs aboard -
He is welcome too.
A swaggie is an itinerant ranch hand with a bedroll or swag.  Don't have many of those in the Brissy suburbs either.  But there are some rather ratty looking young guys with long hair that I mentally apologise to as I pass by them with my kids in the car.  Maybe they aren't on drugs and maybe they aren't dangerous but I have promised my husband I will not take that risk ever since I stopped and got out of the car on Route 1 in Connecticut to help a man who had fallen out of his wheelchair and everyone else was just passing by.

Looks like I won't be the only one snapping pictures soon! (Although I can't be the only one who thinks that face belongs IN FRONT of the camera!0
Have we told you about the rocks?!
Look Meka - Air Hogs!


All the family's there, 
Sitting by the pool,
Christmas Day the Aussie way, 
By the barbeque.


Ian  lost amongst his pressies.
Hey!  Everyone else is getting toys and I am trying to look happy about this!
No words.

And that, mates, is how it's done!

Ian engineered the cars to jump OVER the ring of fire.  (Note the green truck UNDER the ramp to give it more height.)
And Dad gets to fix everyone else's toys.


As I post these photos, I think back about what we are worshipping at Christmas.  And it isn't the toys.  It is the joy and the magic.  And I think Jesus would have been okay with that!




No comments:

Post a Comment